Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Truck wont increase temp,therefore wont regen. The check…

Customer Question
Truck wont increase temp,therefore...

Truck wont increase temp,therefore wont regen.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

The check engine light came on, along with the MIL- both amber. Dash codes were 12, 13, 15, 16. Seemed odd that all codes were high and low voltages at once. Truck asked for a regen and the regen light blinking- performed parked regen- lasted about 10mins but never saw temperature increase. Regen light stayed blinking for a day. Took truck to a TA and they diagnosed injector 2 faulty fire and turbocharger sensor had low voltage. replaced sensor. Stop engine light came on and shut truck off. regen still wont perform due to low temp- attempted forced regen and it was aborted.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just found one of the batteries busted.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/23/2018
Technician: Alex Olsen,
 replied 27 days ago
Alex Olsen

what model are you working on?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
2011 freightliner cascadia with a detroit series 60
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 27 days ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

How are you monitoring the regen temps? With the DDDL software or is that based on one of the codes? Not all T/A shops have diagnostic stuff. I'm presuming yours did since they found the fault turbo sensor. Did they happen to run a regen and tell you what the temps were showing on the regen system?

A common problem for the temps not getting up enough for the tregen is faulty sensors, bad fuel doser, low fuel pressure, or turbo issues. That is where the monitoring comes in to play to see what is being read and where in the regen system to determine where the issue is.

My concern are those 2 EGR flash codes you have. They will cause the regen to not get hot enough if there is a EGR failure going on or coolant bypassing in the EGR cooler, which can casue both of those codes together.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician