Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a Terex th842c about 10 years old. While using it…

Customer Question
I have a Terex...

I have a Terex th842c about 10 years old. While using it driving forward it suddenly stopped moving forward . All the other functions work and the fuses are all ok. What should we check?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

TH0805B. 6244

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. We tried checking the uses

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/23/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Will it move in reverse?

This should be the electric shifted transmission, with a solenoid for forward and reverse. Check voltage to the forward and reverse solenoids. If there is voltage to forward, the solenoid valve may have failed, you could swap the solenoid valves to check. If no voltage to the forward then you have a break in the wiring or no voltage from the shifter.

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago

I see the question is still open.??