Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Transmission went out in 2006 freight liner with Mercedes…

Customer Question
Transmission went out in...

Transmission went out in 2006 freight liner with Mercedes engine

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

2006 freightliner Columbia/ MBE 480

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes pull transmission tonite

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

I need another transmission that correct for this truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** be glad to help. What is the complete model of your transmission from the transmission ID tag? Also what is the complete model of your engine from the engine tag? Is there a reason you do not want to rebuild the existing transmission? Also you should be able to get an exchange rebuild and core your old one in.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?