Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Is it possible to attach a 2012 Peterbilt Aerodyne (just the…

Hi, is it possible...

Hi, is it possible to attach a 2012 Peterbilt Aerodyne (just the top for the roof of cab) on top of a 2014 Peterbilt Sleeper cab? Would it fit?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

You are a rockstar. thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I have the aerodyne and i found a salvage yard that has the sleep part and wanted to use it as a pitch for the sale. :)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, unless he would like to buy the aerodyne or know of someone that would like one. :)

3/20/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

yes it will fit, make sure you get the same brackets

that was on the fairing, it will not go as far back as

a sleeper type, as you know

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Sounds great. Will it make the truck look awkward if it doesn't go as far back? How much of the sleeper would be left, do you think? Would it be noticeable at a glance?
no thank you. I am not doing the job I have the aerodyne and found a salvage yard that has the sleeper and wanted to use this as my pitch for the sale. :)

Hi

Thank you for the response

it will be only short about 8-12" most folks will not notice

Please remember to rate my answer 5-stars so I get the credit for the question

Perfect. You have been fabulous and quick to respond. I will rate you 5 stars plus request you in the future. Thank you Wayne. Have a wonderful evening.

Thank you

You also

Wayne, Journeyman
I put you on my Facebook and Twitter profile. :)

Thanks