Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Having to drop the oil pan to re inspect the rod bearings,

Having to drop...

Having to drop the oil pan to re inspect the rod bearings, supposidly at least one is marked, scorred. Having diffiiculty hand crancking over. Just re assembled it after beein apart for several years. Pos

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Possble material not removed from oil ways dammaging bearing surfaces of con rods. How to post clean oil was

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Planning to polish rod throws in place and relpacing rod bearing halves with standard evev recheck mains

3/20/2018
roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

what concerns me is the crankshaft. if there is any damage to the journals then it will need to be replaced. there should be no score marks or all this will not work.

make sure the pump and pick up tubes are free of all debris as well.

Roy

Is there any way to atach a sringe to the oil pressure port example and force oil in though the system to check that
All ports to cranck are free. I will be pollishing any or all bearing surfaces in place on cranck in IHC 123 antique tractor engine , where nccessary
Home phone now(###) ###-####sitting by it

I would remove the oil pressure switch and use a primer and run oil through the system. if you done have one, use air pressure from a compressor to blow out all the debris.

Roy

Thank you

your welcome.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

You have given me good advice to work from thank you wm.

your welcome

roybelding

please hit the stars at the top of the page. pick 3 or more stars so the site will pay me for my efforts

Roy

Roy

thank you