Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Sure. TRANS GP NO 8E-7681 SPEC 15486 SERIAL NO E94 6472.

Customer Question
TRANS GP NO 8E-7681...

TRANS GP NO 8E-7681 SPEC 15486 SERIAL NO E94 6472

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

TRANSMISION

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Machine does not move forward or reverse, I cleaned screen that had metal shavings, replaced oil, replaced filter, noticed filter was dry after trying to operate, I dropped transmission and ready to tear it apart do you sell parts for this

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/20/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If you found metal shavings in the screen and oil then it is an indication of internal failure in need a rebuild as you suspected. I recommend having a copy of the shop manual handy if you were going to rebuild this unit yourself. This site is for informational purposes only and we do not sell any parts. This is a forum to allow you to speak to experience technicians to help with any problems you might have or for advice. Let me know if you need any further help. Please remember to take a moment to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.