Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a truck powered by a Navistar 230-300 engine ( aprox…

Customer Question
Hi , I have...

Hi , I have a truck powered by a Navistar 230-300 engine ( aprox 99 model ) , it runs good when its cold but after 15mins is starts cut out and then turns off ( mainly at low revs ) , we put a gauge in the fuel pump ( its really an oil pump) and as soon as it starts to cut out the pressure increases , so this leads us to believe its a electrical issue , we have changed and checked all the sensors , they are all good , do you have any ideas ? cheers dan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

There is no fuel pressure sensor in the system , but it has an oil pressure sensor in the rail , the rail is filled with high pressure oil .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Its an international acco 2350g truck , 1999 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have a mechanic doing it , but we are in Australia and there is not much info on these

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When it cuts it its like it misses but then it goes fine again

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/20/2018
Technician: Alex Olsen,
 replied 4 months ago
Alex Olsen

hi im alex, could i have the last 8 of your vin? it is an interntaional truck correct?

Hi alex ,
The truck is a 1999 International Acco 2350G ( Australian model ) vin 6f2222300xdf00066 , e/n 1on1129275 ( Navistar ) .Cheers Daniel
Technician: Alex Olsen,
 replied 4 months ago

ok thank you, ***** ***** restart after it cuts out?

it restarts
Technician: Alex Olsen,
 replied 4 months ago

no check engine light or any codes?