Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 89 ford f250 has a 302 v8 5 speed. i replaced the…

Customer Question
I have a 89 ford...
I have a 89 ford f250 has a 302 v8 5 speed. i replaced the fuel sending unit and a new tank it wont fire up. itll start with a little starting fluid but dies right away. i cant seem to figure it out.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/19/2018
Technician: Don, Journeyman replied 4 months ago
Don
Don, Journeyman

hi there my name is don i will try to help you on this

what have you tried so far ?

can you hear the fuel pump running for a second when you first turn you ignition on ?

do you only have 1 tank or 2

lets start there

Please note during the question period you will not be charged until i ask for the rating

Don

Ive tried new tank and fuel pump and yes its turning on

ok thanks for that information

you had this problem thats why you changed pump ?

did you replace the fuel filter

do you just have 1 tank ?

Don

there is a high pressure pump in the frame rail did you check that

Don

here is and expoladed view

Don

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/673878_1

I just bought the truck on Friday. And it has dual tanks rear tank isnt in it anymore.

hi there thanks for that information

was it running when you got it ?

is the selector switch still in the dash ?

Don

Didnt run when i got it. And yes its still in the dash

Hi there did you try switching it

to see ?

don

i have and both fuel pumps kick on the front tank and the fuel rail

Hi there try this

flip your tank switch back and forth a couple of times and try it

Don

hi there any more questions

Don

If you have any follow up questions , please do not hesitate to ask ,

If finished, please take a moment to rate my service,

It has been my pleasure to assist you