Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I need to repair or replace the ECS control unit, part

Customer Question
Hi I need to...

Hi I need to repair or replace the ECS control unit, part number 20455241 on a FL6 Volvo, Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have had it diagnosed by the Volvo dealership , showing numerous fault codes for the ECS

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Not sure what codes but I can find out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks that's all the info I have

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/19/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Please gather up the complete fault codes that you have logged in the ECM memory as they will be necessary for me to dissect your problem. Also if you can get me the engine model information off of the engine ID tag it would be great as well along with the transmission information.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago
Sometimes even if you have the service report from that dealership a lot of this information will be mentioned in the service report so if you could upload that document it might be easier if you have it. If not grab those codes and we can start with those.