Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

My Kubota RTV 900 will not stop running when I turn the key…

My Kubota RTV 900...

My Kubota RTV 900 will not stop running when I turn the key off. All instrument power goes off but engine keeps running.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model number: RTV900W9-H. Ser. Number: A8976

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just happened. Want to fix myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

3/18/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Fuel solenoid is mounted on top of the engine housing, right side , up top. Is it connected to the throttle or has it come loose? Held in place with two 10mm bolts, and is adjusted by moving the solenoid around.

It should click and move when you turn the key on and off.

Fuel solenoid is tight. The only clicking sound comes from behind the instrument panel. I pushed the solenoid plunger in to get it to shut down.

Is there power to the solenoid for starting? If there is power, it may be bad,

No power, check the fuses.

Did u receive my phone number?

No phone number if you want call it is an extra charge, and may not be worth it. Do you have battery voltage to the fuel solenoid with key on?

Checking. Can you call.

You have to initiate the call, and it is an extra charge.

Would it start and run if it didn't have power.

Yes, see test in link below.

No power to the solenoid with key off. Solenoid plunger will not retract.

Ok, did you find the relay to check it? The second page of the link I sent.

Checking now

OK>

No power trough the terminals at all

Trace back looking for voltage, bad connection or broken wire, or blown fuse.

I do get a click and buzz on 1 and 3

On the relay harness? If no output to the stop solenoid, the relay is bad.??

Fuses are good. No voltage coming to solenoid.
Do have some some mice chewed bare wire showing in harnessing.
I'll fix all wireing and replace relay. Sound good?

Sounds good. I have a manual on my computer. And have repaired the transmission on RTV900.

Thanks for all your help. I may have to get back to you later.

OK>

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician