Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2007 Mack CV713, 1M2AG11C67M061575, A1427/ASET engine.

Engine has a skip, Found...
2007 Mack CV713, 1M2AG11C67M061575, A1427/ASET engine. Engine has a skip, Found Code SID 1, Electronic Unit Pump #1 Data Erratic or Abnormal ( Flash Code 8-1) Pulled cyl. #1 unit pump out, and found that it had a broken spring. Replaced the unit and the engine still skips. Not sure if we still have a mechanical issue or electrical. I still need to check to see if fuel is being delivered out of the unit pump. A Mack Reman engine was installed Feb. 2014, due to cam failure. It now has 165,540 on it.
3/17/2018
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Test the injection harness and wiring harness in look for any damaged wiring or connector pins as well as corrosion or any signs of high resistance that might be in the wiring. Try swapping that injector with another cylinder and see if the code remains on that same cylinder or follows the injector 4 the misfire. If so take a look at the cam to see if you may be having a problem with this cam. Let me know the results. Once you have all the information you need please remember to rate my answers as that is how to say credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings in bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Let me know... I login as time allows throughout the day and evenings.
Ok. Won’t be able to until Monday.
Sounds good.... Keep me posted.
We pulled the valve covers and found one loose rocker hold down bolt and one broken one next to it.The intake valve bridge had fallen out. We put the bridge back in place, replaced the broken bolt, and now the engine has a strong thumping in the intake tract. It was not thumping when those valves were not opening. I'm not sure if this engine was over revved or whether this happened from bolts loosening up. There is a code for Engine Maximum Momentary Override Speed Point 7, SPN 533, FMI 2. Bent valves?

Could be a bent valve, bad cam lobe, bad pushrod, etc. Check the lift on the cam compared to other cylinders. and click below for the adjustments as well to double check the settings. If you have the spring loaded pushrods be sure they are adjusted compressed.

Service info

The exhaust on cyl. #4 was barley opening. I adjusted out all the excessive lash and the thumping went away. I believe a lifter failed. That happened to the original engine after being over revved. Does that code prove that? How deep do you have to go to repair this issue?
You would have to pull the cam as I'm sure if the lifter failed its damage the cam as well.
Do he heads have to come off?
No.... You will need to drop the pan and remove the front timing cover and you need to hold the lifters up using the magnetic holding tools.

Click this link for some FYI

Service info

If you find damage to the Head and valves then yes. The additional time required per head is in the publication I posted above. Keep in mind that those times are for a technician who has done the job before and has all tools ready to go so I wouldn't expect it to match the time of someone doing it for the first time.
Could you please tell me what the code means?

Maximum Momentary Override Speed Point 7 is overspeed. Sounds like the driver let the load push the truck down an incline going above rated RPM.

Have the driver explain the chain of events when this all occurred.

Daniel Wilson
Thanks for the help.