Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a CAT 206 wheel excavator and I need a part CAT no…

Customer Question
I have a CAT...

I have a CAT 206 wheel excavator and I need a part CAT no longer supplies. I believe it was built for CAT by Liebherr. If so might I get parts through Liebherr?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

CAT 206 3GC00091

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried ordering parts through CAT. Many parts are available that way but not the parts I'm looking for now. I wonder if I can get parts directly from the company that made the machine for CAT.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

The part no. that CAT uses is 5W-4683

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/16/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help with this. Please give me some time to look into this and follow up with my responses. We can follow up as needed on here.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago

Click on this link as they claim this is available through their website.

Parts Vendor

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago

Caterpillar 5W4683

BrandCaterpillar

Part No 5W4683

DescriptionCONSOLE, GROUP. 1-H.

Price (min — max)$989.76 — $1,217.31

Available Yes

Weight (min — max)18.20 lb — 18.20 lb

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago

Let me know their response and if we to dig deeper into this.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

I'm still researching it. The part number I originally asked about is apparently for the complete console assembly. Now I am attempting to locate part # 5W-4681 which is a piece of the left hand console. This part is all I actually need to make the repair.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago
Contact Costex, and the other aftermarket suppliers. You can always check through your dealer as well. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answers.