Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I need to know valve adjustment sequince for 3066 motor.

Hey, i need to...

Hey, i need to know valve adjustment sequince for 3066 motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

ENGINE № 7 JK 38478

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Self-adjusting valve clearance

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thanks. Only the operating procedures of the cylinders and the thermal gaps of the valves.

3/16/2018
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What application is this engine in? I will be back at the office soon and we'll look up the specs for you
Hi. Engine on excavator Caterpillar 321BLCR
Valve Lash Setting with Stopped Engine (Cold)Inlet and Exhaust Valve ... 0.25 mm (0.010 inch)Turn the crankshaft in a counterclockwise direction until the No. 1 piston is at the top center on the compression stroke. The rotation of the crankshaft is viewed from the rear of the engine. The alignment mark on the pulley assembly will be in alignment with the timing pointer.Note: The crankshaft may be turned by using a socket wrench on the bolt in the crankshaft pulley. The crankshaft may also be turned by turning the alternator. This will turn the belt and this will turn the crankshaft pulley.3066 Engine: Adjust the valve lash on the inlet valves for cylinders 1, 2, and 4. Adjust the valve lash on the exhaust valves for cylinders 1, 3, and 5.
Turn the flywheel for 360 degrees in the direction of engine rotation. The No. 4 piston (four cylinder) and the No. 6 piston (six cylinder) will be at the top center (TC) on the compression stroke.
3066 Engine: Adjust the valve lash on the inlet valves for cylinders 3, 5, and 6. Adjust the valve lash on the exhaust valves for cylinders 2, 4, and 6. Please remember to take a moment and write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings in bonuses always greatly appreciated.
Daniel Wilson
Hello Mr. ***** *****, the valves are adjusted, but the engine has not yet started, because they have not yet been put on an excavator.Can you give more information to adjust the valves for the Komatsu SA6D125E-2 Komatsu PC400LC-6 excavator?