Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Need to get an estimate completed on a 2011 Ford F650 Limo…

Customer Question
Need to get an estimate...
Need to get an estimate completed on a 2011 Ford F650 Limo Bus , but every shop I ask seems to be way off on price. It needs to have rear bumper , repaired then repainted . What should be the cost billable to the insurance company
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/16/2018
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 3 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

Every shop is different and will give different prices because of "hidden" damage behind the bumper. You may see just the need for a bumper, but they may see the need for bracket replacement, bolts for the brackets, frame heating to line the frame back, cost of paint and the color matching of the paint, clear coating if there is any, sensor and license plate brackets if any, etc. Without looking at is, I can't even give a price. I can give you the low and high of what to expect, but that's all I can do.

The low would be around $947.22 for just a low-end bumper and labor to a high of $5371.88 for frame straightening, bumper, paint, etc. Of course, this is without seeing it so I can only guess what damage there is and these amounts can still go up much higher depending on the damage.

As far as the insurance, my suggestion is to have an adjuster look at it for thy will give you the full detailed breakdown of the costs of the damage and then you subtract the deductible from that. If this is a rear end, the other party would be responsible for at least the deductible. That is why we all have insurance.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Can you show the breakdown of the charges in both scenarios. Thank you
Can you please show me the breakdown of the numbers $947.22 and $5371.88 . Thank you

I would need full information from your vehicle along with pictures in order to generate an invoice with actual parts pricing. What I gave was general estimates, not detailed. If you want detailed, I will need to add an additional service fee to this question, will need full name, address, phone number, VIN, etc. I would also need to have pictures from an insurance adjuster I send to you, etc.

How much is the fee