Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Thermoking TriPac. New alternator it has the orange sensor…

Hey Wayne,Thermoking TriPac.New alternator it...
Hey Wayne,Thermoking TriPac.New alternator it has the orange sensor on it. 120ampThrowing a alternator code. I took a volt meter it’s 12.34
3/15/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

HI

I'm Wayne I will be assisting you with this issue today

Thank you for asking for me

I am in Hospital hip replace, I will see what I can pull up, I just have a lap top

Your Code is aLt but only has battery voltage

Al and the last one looks Like a upside down F

Hi

Yes that is correct code,

check voltage at 2 wire, and check voltage at sen wire switch on

Sen wire switch the one with two wires?
The alternator is only shooting out 12.36-12.37

HI

It will be white or black also

, does your alternator have a plug in harness?? spring clip loaded to lock it in ??

Thank you for that

follow that plug harness back it will plug into another harness

that is a diode, thatsaves the Alternator from over load

replace the harness, very common issue

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

that plug one wire goes to the power on the alternator the other goes jumbled up into the main wire harness. I don’t see it plug into something. It doesn’t seem to be charging because the voltage dropped a little more to about 12.33

Hi

That diode will keep it from charging

someone may have cut the other end off and spliced

Ok so follow it into the harness and see where it’s cut then or plugged in? I just want to make sure I’m following the right one. I might sound stupid.It’s the wire sensor looking thing that plugs into the prongs on the orange part of the alternator. One of the wires from it is attached right on the alternator positive terminal and the other I need to follow and find where it is goingCorrect?

Hi

Yes the orange is the voltage regulator

that plug that plugs into it, is the diode harness

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??

Wayne, Journeyman
I’m waiting on parts and will change the harness for it out. Let you knownif it works

OK,

Thank you

You know how much the capacity is for the thermoking apu for Freon??

Hi

Sorry for, I am home from hospital

getting settled in

Yes Freon is 1.3 Lbs

No issues Wyane I hope everything went well at the hospital.

Hello my friend

Yes all went well, I am home and feels good after 2 weeks

hip pain is gone, just surgical pain, not too bad

therapy will get rid of that

Thank You for asking

I’m glad it went well. Thermoking worked out. We swapped out the thermoking alternator with a 95 Chevy impala. Put the reverse fan blade on it and then wired it so it works. Cheaper on the compressor and it’s 140amp. So far so good. Ran it about 6 hours.
Alternator*

Morning

well, that is one for the books,

but anything can get wired in