Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2005 dt466. It has sat for about a year and now…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 dt466

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

It has sat for about a year and now cranks but won't start. Not even with either

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

2005 international 4300

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is getting fuel. I have pushed the air stem to let air out fuel. Has no air and alot of pressure

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/15/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First scan this for fault codes to see what's logged in ECM memory for codes. Then you will want to verify oil pressure both low pressure system and the high pressure system. If that is okay you want to verify engine speed sensor signal and also your power and grounds to the engine ECM. Check your IDM relay as well as all your fuses. The check engine light should come on in cycle at key on and if it does not it means that the ECM is not communicating in either may not be powering up or there may be an issue with the ECM itself.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago
Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper. Please remember to take a moment and write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are greatly appreciated.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.