Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have the hino modelhave to code p244b, p2471 and no have…

Customer Question
I have the hino model(###)...
I have the hino model(###) ###-####have to code p244b, p2471 and no have power in the road / like inside the dash dpf check
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/15/2018
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 4 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

I will list the code info below and separate for you.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

P244B

Incomplete regeneration

1. Technical description
・ The ECU always calculates and integrates the soot discharge quantity from the engine.
・ The ECU decides the DPR regeneration mode based on the soot accumulation quantity.
・ The soot accumulation quantity has exceeded the allowable regeneration quantity.
・ DPR regeneration failure is detected on the basis of the values obtained from the exhaust gas pressure sensor (differential pressure sensor) and the DPR temperature sensor.

2. DTC set condition
(1) DTC detection condition
・ The engine must not be stopped.
・ After automatic regeneration
・ Calculated exhaust gas flow quantity of 205 L/s or higher
・ Exhaust brake is inactive.
(2) Judgement criteria
・ Failure is determined when the value of "differential pressure/exhaust gas flow rate" counted in establishing the judgment criteria is higher than the threshold value.

3. Reset condition
・ Immediately after normal operation is restored and DPR-related memory is reset.

4. Indication, warning or system control regulation when the DTC is set.
・ MIL: ON
・ SVS light: OFF

5. Pre-inspection work
・ Check that the battery voltage is in the normal range.

6. After-inspection work
・ Clear all past DTCs.
・ Reset DPR related memory.
・ Check that no DTC is detected after test drive.

7. Estimated failure factors
[DPR clogged]
・ The DPR light has continued to blink, but manual regeneration has not been performed.
・ The DPR indicator light does not blink.
・ Check for a defective meter bulb (with the starter switch set to the "ON" (engine stopped), the indicator lamp in the meter must light).
[Incomplete regeneration]
・ DPR temperature does not rise and regeneration is incomplete.
-Exhaust gas temperature sensor (burner outlet): Check if sensing is wrong because of abnormal temperature characteristics.
・ Soot remains because of excessive quantity of soot accumulation
Injector: fuel injection quantity characteristics failure
SCV: faulty common rail pressure control
EGR valve: faulty EGR opening control
Turbocharger: faulty VNT opening control
[Confirmation points for erroneous judgment]
[DPR clogged]
・ The DPR light has continued to blink, but manual regeneration has not been performed. Check the following items, because the regeneration conditions (in the idling status) may not have been met.
1. Inspection of neutral switch, accelerator switch, and vehicle speed sensor.
2. Inspection for a wire break of the DPR switch.
3. No response of the PTO ON signal or the external accelerator signal.
[Incomplete regeneration]
・ Failure in differential pressure sensor system
-Differential pressure sensor failure
-Check if differential pressure value is wrongly sensed because of damaged hose or wrong connection.
-Check if sensing is wrong because the exhaust gas pressure sensor pipe is faulty, clogged by foreign substances, or has a hole in it.
・ Air flow sensor failure
Check if sensing is wrong because gas flow quantity calculation is based on abnormal intake air quantity.
・ Exhaust gas temperature sensor
Check if sensing is wrong because gas flow quantity calculation is based on abnormal temperature characteristics.
・ Diesel-throttle: Diesel-throttle opening control defective
・ Exhaust brake: Stuck on the closed side

P2471

Exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 (DPR outlet) - out of range (Out of range high)

1. Technical description
・ The temperature sensor consistently detects exhaust gas temperature.
・ A reading taken by the exhaust gas temperature sensor is used to control DPR regeneration.
・ Exhaust gas temperature cannot be correctly recognized.

2. DTC set condition
(1) DTC detection condition
・ Intake air temperature is -20 °C {-4 °F} or higher.
・ Battery voltage is in the range of 10 V to 16 V.
・ The engine has stopped or runs at 500 r/min or higher for continuous 5 seconds or longer.
・ No other DTCs are present.
(2) Judgement criteria
・ Voltage of the exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 (DPR outlet) remains at 4.958 V or higher (-46 °C {-50.8 °F} or lower) for 3 seconds.

3. Reset condition
・ After restoration to normal condition.

・ MIL: ON
・ SVS light: OFF

5. Pre-inspection work

6. After-inspection work
・ Clear all past DTCs.
・ Check that no DTC is stored after test drive.

7. Estimated failure factors
Exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 (DPR outlet):
・ Loose/disconnected sensor or failure in sensing area (contamination, clogging or breakage)
・ Abnormal resistance of sensor
・ Failure in engine ECU sensor power supply
・ Disconnection or short-circuit in sensor harness
・ Irregular contact (disconnection or poor fit of connector)
・ Short-circuit in the sensor

This is why you have the low power that you have. Change out the outlet temps sensor on the regen system. It will fix the issue.

You know any picture the sensor and where locate

Look on the exhaust at the DPF filter. Right at the outlet for the PDF, on the pip is a sensor. That is the outlet temp sensor. That is the bad one. It is the first sensor after the DPF filter.