Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Ecu 128 sid 380 fail 11 is the code I'm getting no lights…

ecu 128 sid 380 fail...
ecu 128 sid 380 fail 11 is the code I'm getting no lights just codes
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/15/2018
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

The code is Catalyst missing. The ECM can't see the exhaust catalyst. The harness is either shorting or a sensor is not reading properly. I don't know which engine you have, but all are the same in that a computer needs to be connected with a "monitored" regen performed to where the technician will watch the regen to see if one or all the sensor are dropping. A lot of times, one of the temperature sensors can be grounding out which drops all the sensors from back feeding or the harness can have a melt in it, which expands from heat as well as moisture from idling all night, then will act up.

It is hard to diagnose without being connected and monitored to see what is going on with that particluar fault.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will you be able to call today?

I don't generate calls, the site does. I am not able to call at this time. The call is open to other experts that are able to call though.

Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Daniel Wilson
Phone call session started
Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician