Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Battery redlining code HVAC controller 146s254 03. Cascadia…

Battery redlining code HVAC...

Battery redlining code HVAC controller 146s254 03

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Cascadia 2010 dd13

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Fixing myself. Just got the code. Saw battery redlining and ac shutting off and on perodically

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sam controller code comes and goes

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
3/13/2018
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

That is an issue in the SAM module iteslf getting a voltge high. Check the alternator and rule out the internal voltage regulator. Unless you have other codes that start with 25 or 33, it is completely in the SAM moidule from the alternator with the code you have given.

Now 2 things to check would be the A/C clutch and the front blower motor. They can pull too much amperage and cause the alternator to output more, which causes that code. However, there is usually another code that comes up with this code. There is the possibility to have just the one code for I've seen weirder things on these trucks.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Where exactly is the sam module. I also connected a stereo amp. I did put a fuse between the amp right at the battery. I not sure if that would be a problem. I have one of the bigger alternators.
Hello
Need help with Sam module location
Phone is blocking me

The SAM module is on the right side of the dash, below where the glove box location is. it looks like this CLICK HERE and requires programming if it is touched at all. It is the "brain" of the truck and does all the switching, talking between modules, etc for the whole vehicle.

You added an amp? Unplug it and see if the issue goes away. you may need a capacitor on the amp line because the alternators trickle charge when they see a high amp draw and will redline, then code out. The amp may be pulling too much during high demands. This particular vehicle modeisre very, very sensitive to amp draws.

Disconnected amp and battery is still redlining. Possible disconnected ac clutch and still redlining. Possibly need new alternator

That sounds like an alternator then. The voltage regulator in it is putting out too much and over charging.

Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
10-4. Will start there. Headed to freightliner now. Thank you