Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

How do I bleed my injector pump or test it to see if it is…

Customer Question
How do I bleed...

How do I bleed my injector pump or test it to see if it is working on my New Holland TC55Da

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I don't know

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried loosening the line to the injector on the motor. I have just replaced the fuel filter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was having trouble keeping the tractor running it would start the run slow then stop like I was running out of fuel.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/13/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

#18 in the link is the place to bleed the injection pump, this is the inlet hose to the pump. There should be a screw that just needs to be loosened about a full turn. With it loosened, use the primer pump to pump fuel until all the air is out, then tighten the screw and tractor should start.

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago

I see the question is still open, please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!