Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I am looking for a full air line diagram for the suspension…

I am looking for...

I am looking for a full air line diagram for the suspension on a 1997 Freightliner FL80.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

1FV6JJBB9TH772194, FL80

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have tried google. Can't find anything. I am trying to find the dump valve for the suspension.

3/13/2018
Don
Don, Journeyman

Hi there my name is don i will help you on this

can you tell me what air system you have also the problem your having

the dump valve will either be a bendix , sealco ,

maritor .

lets start there

please note that during the question period you will not be charged

Don

http://hnctruckparts.com/images/airbrake.jpg

is this what your looking for

Don

http://www.hadleyadvantage.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/Int'l_Truck_&_Engine_Dump_Solenoid_Install.pdf

Don
Don, Journeyman
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That diagram just shows the brake system, I have that. When I flip the switch to let the air out of the air bag suspension, it bleeds the air out the air tanks and the air suspension stays up. There is an air switch on the dash that feeds air to a unit under the dash to let the air out of the suspension. When flipped back to air up the suspension, it bleeds the air off at the switch. That part works. I think it is in the unit under the dash that is malfunctioning. The unit under the dash has 2 either sending units or solenoids with 2 wires each, an air line from the switch, one bigger airline, and I can't see the rest. That is why I would like to find a schematic of the airlines to see if I am chasing the right thing.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know what brand it is.
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
Phone call session started

Hi there good morning

i can send you a complete pictorial of the different valve companies that you can match up or if you can take a picture and load it up

or phone freightliner give them your serial number and they will tell you the make of the valves you have

Don

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will take a picture tonight and send it to you.

hi there Dave sounds great

i will look forward to it i also specialize in air brake and suspensions]

Have a great day Be safe

Don

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The one picture is the switch on the dash. There is 2 air hoses and a wire connector attached to it. One is air pressure in, the other goes to the silver unit in the second picture. When the switch is rocked so top is in, which is to deflate the air bags, air goes through switch to silver unit. I can hear air leaking from down by the unit. The one air pressure gauge goes down, depleting the auxiliary side of air, but the bags do not deflate. The from the switch is the line on the right hand side of the silver unit, 1/4" line. The left hand side is a 3/8" line that goes out of the firewall to the rear of the truck. The 1/4" line by the firewall comes out of the back side of the silver unit and goes out of the firewall to the rear of the truck. I had to remove the section of dash to get at the silver unit, I didn't have any plugs to seal off the oil pressure and 2 air pressure lines, so I couldn't build up air to check where the leak is at. I can do that tonight. This is not allowing me to add files. I will try a different browser.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Google Chrome isn't working for pictures either. Is there another method?

Hi there sorry i did not get back to you sooner

the mods at ja can help you down load

if you copied your picture to your desk top

ontop of the response page you will see a paper clip click on that and it will ask you where to go you will see browse click on that and it will bring up your computer , just click on the photo or where you stored the picture in click on the picture and it will ask you to attach it once down loaded to Ja it will prompt you to attach it

Don

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't see a paper clip anywhere.

does

it look like this ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Suspension-Dump-Dash-Valve-032249-/371754597674

Don

on your answer side do you have B I U then what looks like a chain link then next to it is what looks like a paper clip ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. I have looked from beginning to end.

hmmm strange

anyway have a look at that link i sent you

tell me if it is similar

Don

https://www.ebay.com/p/Freightliner-Dash-Valve-GTD-3235l-12-Suspension-Air/526756390?iid=292442531324&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D47300%26meid%3D5ca5bec68ffc4261b42c687bb019ae5a%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D371754597674%26itm%3D292442531324&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is similar to the first one, but only 2 lines and a wiring connection.

is that where the leak is

don

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had the center dash panel loose but not out when I had it running. I couldn't reach down in there. It sounded like it was coming from the unit down inside the dash. I have to pick up some plugs to close off the oil pressure line and the 2 airlines, then I can tell exactly where it is leaking. Is there some way else I can send you pictures? It would be way easier to explain.

i am going to try something

hang on

don

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just emailed you the 2 pictures to the email that "help" said to use. ***@******.***

ok

i got my parts guy looking it up at first truck

Ok sitr here's the poop

i also spoke with the the service manager as well

the switch is the one you need there is no valving behind the dash

the part number is (###) ###-####its about 100.00

i will have a picture of it shortly

Don

Here it is with the schematics

Don

If you have any follow up questions , please do not hesitate to ask ,

If finished, please take a moment to rate my service,

It has been my pleasure to assist you

hi dave does that work for you ?

Don

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. Looks good. I have to run to a meeting. I will definitely rate you in the morning. Have a great evening.

you were able to open the picture ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That looks right.

Hi Dave so happy it works

Have a great Night

Don

Don
Don
Don, Journeyman