Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Have a 1994 Volvo, with DDEC II. I need wiring diagram, and…

Customer Question
Hello Have a 1994 Volvo...
Hello Have a 1994 Volvo, with DDEC II. I need wiring diagram, and any troubleshooting info on jake/cruise you can provide.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/13/2018
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 month ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

Which Volvo series is that? I will see what I have.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

CLICK HERE for the DDEC II cruise diagram. This is literally the only one Volvo has. They don't have a pinout at all for the different models as far as the engine goes. i was trying to get the ECM or cab pinout, but it's not available. The DDEC II was horrible on the diagrams they provided for it. It wasn't until DDEC III/IV that there was a real diagram. I do have the DDECC II diagram for the Peterbilt, which used the same wire numbers in the Volvo if that will help you. It is the same as the Detroit one, just ahs a Peterbilt logo on it. They are the only ones that I can recall that had a diagram and that came out around 2011 due to the glider kits they offer.

On diagnosing it, start in the cab. You have the wire 953 that has the constant power to and a black wire that has the ground which goes to the clutch pedal and air brake switch. Verify you have those, then the rest is just making sure you get the jumps on the switches. If you don't have the 2 basic, then you know the issue is either in the power from the fuse or in the ground switches.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The wire numbers provided, do not match. We were able to get the cruise working by keeping the wires on the 3 wire pressure sensor at the back of the yellow knob dash valve open. Cruise cancels w/ clutch brake, but does not cancel with foot valve.
Please at least provide how the cruise works in relation where the inputs and outputs derive from.

I've opted out for a sudden death in the family. I don't want you to be waiting on me for assistance with me unavailable.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe we have it figured out, the info I gave last just answer tech was incorrect. Wire numbers match schematic provided, just need more complete schematic. Also want to verify, all cruise function inputs to ecm, and interlocks, incl brake air switches,clutch switch, work switching ground correct? A schematic of entire cruise circuit, including brake air switches and clutch
pedal, and ecm pin outs would be helpful, along with any narrative on how the cruise functions, both stationary idle ramp up and speed control, going down the road.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

Click on this link for some other DDEC2 diagrams. They are the same no matter what truck they are in. It only changes after the OEM plug to the chassis per manufacturer.

Service info

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

Click below for the cruise operation. Be sure to use the DDEC2 diagram for testing.

Cruise operation

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 27 days ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson