Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

D8R 9EM What could be wrong if tractor won't move

D8R 9EM What could...

D8R 9EM What could be wrong if tractor won't move forward.You can feel it going into gear and the tractor will try to move either direction. The brakes are not locked and I have checked the screen and the magnets. I have changed filters, and have 425 pressure at the filter. What do you think I need to check from here. The transmission and all valves have been rebuilt less than 200 hours ago. All hose has been replaced. Wondering if I have internal problems.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

D8R C9EM09225 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just the Doser only moving backward, and we rebuilt the transmission a 10 days ago and the same problem still exists, it worked for two days and stopped again

3/13/2018
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Since this was a recent rebuild and it ran for two days I recommend pulling the filter and checking the suction screen for any signs of fine metal or debris that would confirm an internal failure is occurring once again requiring you have to tear it back apart again. I see that you have tested pressures and another suggestion is to take some temperatures with a digital temp reader on different parts of the transmission and the inlet and Outlets of the oil cooler. I'm assuming that the coolers were either replaced or thoroughly cleaned out before running the new transmission and if they weren't this could be a potential cause of a new failure as well due to the contamination. Let me know if you need more help and we can follow up as needed on here. Once you are satisfied with the information I have provided please remember to take a moment to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time for helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated
Daniel Wilson
There is one thing more the drive shaft is spinning freely in the neutral position, and when engaged reverse gear all working well, but in forwarding, gear engaged the drive shaft still spinning, just want to ask is it possible the torque converter failure sign