Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Yours 614 changed water pump motor now gets hot, radiator is…

Customer Question
Yours 614 changed water...

Yours 614 changed water pump motor now gets hot, radiator is 80 f but motor is about 200 f, could I have air in system and how to remove it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Fendt 614LSA 384/21/2153

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes had to put new water pump in as bearing in old one had too much play and had water leaking. I have removed therostat all together, no difference, As water pump came complete I just installed it with out checking empeller clearence, have remove and checked clearence is ok. I have pumped water forward and backwards through the system seem ok.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Technician: spankyjr1, Journeyman replied 3 months ago
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman

Hi, my name is ***** ***** for your question.I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If all you did was change w/p and now you have no flow even with thermostat out there is something wrong with w/p or the direction w/p is suppose to be turning has changed.

First make sure if you have the single serpentine belt that it is on correctly if warped around pulley is wrong it can turn pump the opposite direction and give you no flow

The w/p impeller can be installed backwards (fins out) creating no flow

The w/p impeller can be loose on the shaft creating no flow

Or it can be the wrong pump check it carefully against old pump.

Please
Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page.
Just Answer can only compensate me for my time and resources after positive feedback rating

thus rating is required
Thank you Very Much

V belts can only go one way, pump is same as the old one have pulled it off and checked with old one. Is it possible to get air lock and stop it pumping, are there any bleed screws to let air out? Where the temperature senser is it gets hotter there than six inches below on a welsh plug.

On the belts I said if it was a serpentine belt drive I understand it can't happen with V belts

There are no bleeders.

What you can do is loosen a coolant sensor (or a hose or anything else that goes into coolant passage) that is at a high point preferably above or equal to t-stat height enough that it will leak out coolant while filling, this will bleed all air out.

you can Even loosen a heater hose or shut off on top of head while filling to bleed air

The block were plug is does run a little cooler as heat rises but should only be a few degrees different.

**********Please don’t forget to rate or accept the answer in a positive way, .**********
EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank You