Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Any picture for the governor fuel module

Customer Question
....
Any picture for the governor fuel module .
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/12/2018
Technician: Don, Journeyman replied 4 months ago
Don
Don, Journeyman

Hi there no it does not show a picture but here is something to check because the Governor sends a signal to the actuator so you will have to check the voltage at the actuature

1. The run signal is not getting out of theengine interface board (A31). A31may be bad.

*

1. Install harness tool between A31 J4/P4. Resetthe control. Attempt to start and check for B+ at A31 J4-1. If there is no B+ at A31 J4-1, replace A31.

Indicator(s) Possible Cause Corrective Action

“OVERCRANK”(222)message--andWhile cranking,Run LED DS12on theengine interfaceboard (A31)is on.andWhile cranking,Run LED DS2on thegovernor outputmodule (A38)is off.NOTE:Theseindicationssuggest that thePCC has sent arun signal to thegovernormodule, but thesignal is notgetting throughthe governormodule to thefuel solenoid.The run signal is not getting through thegovernor module to the fuel solenoid.Reset the control. Attempt to start and check for B+at A31 J4-1.2. There is an open between the engineinterface board (A31) and the gover-nor output module (A38).3. The run signal is not getting throughthe governor output module (A38). A38 may be bad.

*

2. IfthereisB+atA31J4-1,installharnesstoolbe-tween A38 J6/P6. Check for B+ at A38J6-19,whileattemptingtocrank. Ifthereisno B+ at A38 J6-19, isolate to connectors andwiring. Repair or replace as necessary.3. IfthereisB+atA31J4-1,andthereisB+at A38J6-19, check continuity from A38 J6-15 to bat-tery ground, if not continuity replace harness, if continuity, replace A38.

*CAUTION: Wearing wrist strap, set S12 to Off and A32 S5 to Standby before connecting/disconnecting harness plugs.

in that manual i gave you go to the trouble section it shows you what to check for

Don

Hi again thats why they were saying you may have to replace the A32 or A38

i would go through the steps in the manual to verify which one is bad or if both are bad

Don

After the over speed fault, now i am facing with ( Fail to crank) when i tried to start the generator set only clicks from the governor.
Submitted for your kind consideration.

Hi there

Thanks for that great information

did you try the tests that the manual said ?

that will determine which one or both

Don

hi there a couple of things did you reset the system ?

also the manual says that failure to crank could be low voltage to the governor caused by dirty battery cables under charged battery

check fuse at the engine interface board

My suggestion at this point would be put a battery charger on the battery or boost it

load test the battery could have a dead cell check the fuse

make sure you have a good connection on the battery terminals

and let me know , the trouble shooting guide is at section 4 page 7

Don