Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Press the accelerator pedal down and feel like cable isn’t…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Press the...

Second opinion] Press the accelerator pedal down and feel like cable isn’t releasing just makes rev high..do you think it’s that accelerator cable?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

1999 Mitsubishi canter tipper FE532

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.. tried to find out why it’s rev high when I push the pedal and doesn’t release cable to idol

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Want to know if it’s the accelerator cable in fault

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/12/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

The only way to know is to go to the injection pump and remove the cable linkage, and then work the pedal to see if its free, then work the injection pump lever by hand, to see if it will return.