Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Press the accelerator pedal down and feel like cable isn’t…

Customer Question
Press the accelerator pedal...

Press the accelerator pedal down and feel like cable isn’t releasing just makes rev high..do you think it’s that accelerator cable?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

1999 Mitsubishi canter tipper FE532

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.. tried to find out why it’s rev high when I push the pedal and doesn’t release cable to idol

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Want to know if it’s the accelerator cable in fault

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/12/2018
Technician: spankyjr1, Journeyman replied 4 months ago
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman

Hi, my name is ***** ***** for your question.I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Disconnect cable at injection pump

Move throttle lever on injection pump by hand and see if it is returning on it's own

if it is returning start engine and move throttle by hand and see if it returns to idle correctly, if it does cable is binding and needs replaced

Any problems let me know I'm happy to assist!

Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

**********Please don’t forget to rate or accept the answer in a positive way, .**********
EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
Thank You