Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

L change the injectors cup on c7 and l get code 6h 164 sid…

l change the injectors cup...
l change the injectors cup on c7 and l get code 6h 164 sid 022 the truck is freightliner m2 they roan whit starter fluid but if l turn off they not roan again at lease if l put mor stater fuid estart again and stay roanning
3/12/2018
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.Code 164-11 (39) is defined as an Injection Actuation Pressure System fault. I see this a lot on these engines. This code indicates the ECM is not seeing the correct Injection Actuation Pressure. This code and problem is caused by several things.The first and most common is a faulty HEUI pump. To test a high pressure 5000 psi gauge is needed to connect to the outlet of the HEUI pump.
Second is a faulty IAP sensor. To test you can install a high pressure gauge into the head and compare the reading to a service tools reading.
And lastly is a leaking injector.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok l check heui pressure on my gages show 500 psi only what pressure must have
Where is the gauge connected? To the Heui or in the head?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
l connected on in the head show 500 psi and l connected in the heui the pressure is over 5000 psi
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now also l check fuel pump the pressure is about 10 psi how is look wend lost oil pressure internal or injector pressure
Thanks for the information.
The engine needs at least 870 psi to start.
5009 psi is too much. You should only be making around 4200-4400 at the pump.
It looks like your Heui is making too much pressure. It may have blown out seals on the injectors. If you only have 500 in the head. There must be a leak at an injector.
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok l goin to double check today the injectors to thank you for the all help and support from you l maybe bother you again later
Cat Man
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert