Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a New Holland 2120 with a cracked frame under the…

I have a New...

I have a New Holland 2120 with a cracked frame under the motor. How difficult is it to replace that frame?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Serial 33705 built in 1999 or 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I plan on fixing it myself. I had a machine shop weld a plate on the outside of this but it cracked. I think it is time to put a new frame in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

The first sign of trouble was the bolts through the frame into the engine block became loose. I had to have one redrilled and threaded to oversize.

3/11/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne. I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

That is not a bad job if you have a hoist, split the frame, remove the engine

then easy to get to the frame

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

It looks like I do not have to remove the loader to get this frame out. Am I correct?

Hi

Thank you for the response

yes that is correct it is a subframe, thinking of a different model

Wayne, Journeyman