Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Further to 2006 Mercedes Actros 2640 tractor unit, I have…

Hi Don, further to 2006...
Hi Don, further to 2006 Mercedes Actros 2640 tractor unit, I have installed the original instrument cluster that had been removed for some reason. All the cluster worked and the following codes came up:- WS 1 0604 (***** *****ght), GS 2 4440 (red light), NR 1 0162 (***** *****ght), MR 1 1415 (***** *****ght), HZR 0 0404 (***** *****ght), FR 1 4345 (***** *****ght), BS 2 7109 (***** *****ght). One switch off GS 2 (red light). Can you help with any of the codes particularly the red one.? What should I look for? Now have air in the right hand air bags.
3/11/2018
Don
Don, Journeyman

hi there the yellow ones are inactive codes they will clear no problem but they might come back so the 4440 is

4440 - The first branch of the gas pedal sensor has a circuit break or short circuit to earth or positive.

here are all the codes

https://truck-manuals.jimdo.com/mercedes-truck-fault-codes/

i will see if i can break it down more

don

hi

we are starting to get things together

WS 0604 is 0604 - The condensed liquid sensor has a fault "Electrical circuit break".

MR 1415 Charge air pressure sensor: exceeding the measuring range (short by plus, break)

BS 2 7109 is 7109 The proportional relay valve is open 12/1 at the terminals X4 and X4 12/2

NR 10162 is 0162 Bus IES-CAN: speed signal is absent (FR and ABS / BS)

here is kinda break down for you the letter BS is the Breaking system Abs and so on

AG is the transmission codes

NR = Mercedes Truck UNIT FAULT CODE LIST MANAGEMENT FRAME LEVEL CONTROL SYSTEM (NR)

HZR=List of heating system control unit fault codes (HZR)

FR= Mercedes Truck Unit fault codes List of traffic control management system (FR)

PSM=Mercedes Truck List of special module control unit fault codes with parameter setting (PSM)

DTCO=Mercedes Truck UNIT FAULT CODE LIST MANAGEMENT TACHOGRAPH (DTCO)

ZHE=Mercedes Benz LIST OF CONTROL UNIT FAULT CODES AUXILIARY HEATER (ZHE)

MR=Unit fault code list management engine management system (MR)

WS=Mercedes Truck LIST OF BLOCK ERROR CODES WS (MAINTENANCE SYSTEM)

GS=Mercedes Truck LIST OF FAULT CODES GEAR UNIT (GS)

INS=Mercedes Truck LIST UNIT FAULT CODES TOOLBAR (INS)

PSM 2=Mercedes Truck LIST OF SPECIAL MODULE CONTROL UNIT FAULT CODES WITH PARAMETER SETTING (PSM) 2

there are 4 pages on that link i gave you you just have to down load or you can look up on the computor

there are 2 trouble to three trouble code areas on each page just take the code that came up and to to that section for example GS2 4440 you open the pages and scroll down till you reach the GS 2 then the code and it will tell you what it is also each set of letters in front of the numbers tells you what area it is like in GS is the gear unit then scroll down to the code and it will tell you where it is

hope this helps you

https://truck-manuals.jimdo.com/mercedes-truck-fault-codes/mercedes-truck-fault-codes-1/

https://truck-manuals.jimdo.com/mercedes-truck-fault-codes/mercedes-truck-fault-codes-2/

https://truck-manuals.jimdo.com/mercedes-truck-fault-codes/mercedes-truck-fault-codes-3/

https://truck-manuals.jimdo.com/mercedes-truck-fault-codes/mercedes-truck-fault-codes-4/

Have a great Night Don

Please

Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page.

Just Answer can only compensate me for my time and resources after feedback rating thus rating is required Many thanks

Hi Don, thanks for detailed response which is much appreciated. Just need to clarify what you said "WS 0604 is 0604 - The condensed liquid sensor has a fault "Electrical circuit break".....do you mean the air-conditioning condensed liquid sensor? Or what is the condensed liquid sensor to do with?
Regarding "BS 2 7109 is 7109 The proportional relay valve is open 12/1 at the terminals X4 and X4 12/2" where do I locate the terminals X4 ? Where is this?

Hi there looking at the code in the lists i gave you by the explanation it gave me

it could indeed be related to the A/C but it is just a maintenance code the ones you have to deal with right now is the GS 2 4440 this is stopping the truck from running i believe

hi there sorry for the delay

as to the location of these i can only summarize from the letters before the numbers as i do not have a manual sorry

Don

Ok many thanks. The owner of the truck has ordered the disc manual you referred me to on Ebay. Hopefully things will become a little easier once we have this :)

Good Morning your very welcome

Have a great day and do let me know

Don

Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

Don
Don, Journeyman