Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 773 bobcat its a 2001 I parked it in my garage

I have a 773...

I have a 773 bobcat its a 2001 I parked it in my garage after plowing snow the other nite ...went in the next nite to get it going and had nothing no power to anything ...13.4 volts at battery and found computer fuse blown ...tried to replace and it blows instantly ....checked wiring to computer seems good but when I unplug the plug on computer and short is gone

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Customer:###-##-#### 773model

Answered in 1 day by:
3/12/2018
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** you get this resolved or do you still need help?
Still need some help ... I got no response from anyone ...
I am curious is there anything else on that circuit or it just powers the computer ?

Is it the 10 amp BICS fuse? Also is this machine with or without BOSS?

No it is a 25A fuse and it is labeled computer..
I would check between the fuse and those inputs for any shorted wiring that would be a short to chassis ground and if the harness is okay then that means that the short is likely in the computer itself unless there is a main ground that is bad and causing a backfeed in that circuit for the fuse to blow. Please remember to take a moment to rape my answers as that is how the site credits my time for helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are greatly appreciated
If interested I can help you with the proper manual as well which has full schematics for your circuit for a premium service.

If interested once accepted please let me know what e mail to send it to and i will upload the file on my next available login.

Daniel Wilson