Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Wiring diagram for r series scania brake wear sensors

Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Eurotruck72
Eurotruck72, workshop foreman
Hello, the image is right front. The sensor is in the caliper and the wires lead to the modulator of the axle they are on. Same at the rear. Check the wiring of the wheel that gives you problems (strange reading on the dash)
Hi are b 1 2 3 is that the modulator mounted to chassie going to caliper and from modulator to ecu
Correct, that is between modulator and caliper. Could be other numbers on the other wheel, but will be similar. The connection to the ECU will be over can-bus and will give more problems so that will be okay if the wear indication is the problem.
Ya it's just the wear indicator light is on in the dash I can chest the wires tomorow and hope one of them is at fault would it be unusual for the modulator to be at fault for break wear on one wheel
Indeed, can you see the values in the dash? That way you'll know what wheel is giving the problem. Also the indication might be correct and the pads from one wheel almost worn. Then you might have a sticking caliper or something like that. Good luck. If you think I was of help please accept so I get rewarded by the site.
No value on wheel one front left 87 percent on other 3 new caliper on wheel one plugged it in before I put it on was wound back to the last and had 100 percent value put it on and drove it light on took off plug to check it light went off drove it light on again
Then it might be necessary to reset the wear indication system. A new caliper can have a different value and will give to much difference with the other wheels. Also note that the percentages only change a few percent at every brake action.
Eurotruck72
Eurotruck72, workshop foreman