Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a Terex extendable boom fork lift i blew a hydraulic…

Customer Question
I have a Terex...

I have a Terex extendable boom fork lift i blew a hydraulic line yesterday replaced the line now nothing works but the leveling control the boom will not move in any direction at all and steering wont work. Model TH636c

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/10/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Professionals are not employees of the site but I login as time allows throughout the day for any follow-ups Etc. We can follow up as needed on here. If you lost a considerable amount of hydraulic oil then it is possible that the pump ran dry and you could have some component failure or pump failure issues on your hands. It is also possible that a large valve if on a particular cylinder is holding that cylinder from moving as a safety however that should not affect other circuits on the machine. So if all circuits are affected I would check inside the hydraulic filter for any signs of fine metal or debris that would indicate a failure has started to occur. It will look like glitter in the oil and filter. I would also try to deadhead a couple of functions at once if the oil is full to see if you can try to bleed the air out of the system and get it to function. However if you find find metal or debris in the filter or oil I would not recommend running the machine anymore as that is an indication of component failure in the more you run it the further contamination you will do to end damage you will do to the system. Let me know and please remember to take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.