Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2013 volvo semi, when i get rpms to a spot its let…

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 volvo semi, when i get rpms to a spot its let off.. we I got truck we took cap off speed it was a company truck is there such thing as a cap on the rpms? or is it the rear end too small?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Volvo?

Vnm

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have taken it to a shop.. one said rpm need settings out another said maybe a sencor sensor (sorry)

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

No trouble codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
The truck will go 69 and rpm will go 1600 pedal light comes on let off...it doesn't float back down like its soppose to for gears
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Technician: enesd,
 replied 4 years ago
enesd
This on car questions you must email costumer care to change to semi truck
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 4 years ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech

Hello, My name is***** am a Volvo/Mack Master Certified Tech, Allow me one moment to look over your complaint and I will be right back with you. Thanks

Okay, At the 69 Mph if the truck is letting off the throttle it is because of a parameter set that way. If you have PTT or access to it, you need to go into features and parameters and change the "next highest gear" setting. This is probably set to 69 mph, so when it hits that the eecu knows what gear it is in because of the road speed and rpms. I usually put that parameter around 5 mph less than the max highest gear setting. There is also another parameter if the unit does it in the highest gear. The one labeled max vehicle speed which is a programmable parameter that either a dealer or fleet with programming capabilities has to do. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

Were you able to get this addressed? Thanks

Do you need any further assistance on this?