Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Have 1995 F800, cannot get rear brakes to release. Locked…

Customer Question
Have 1995 F800, cannot get...
Have 1995 F800, cannot get rear brakes to release. Locked going forward and backing up. The orange motor lite is staying on, and hear the electric motor running with key on.
Parking lite comes on and off with the yellow switch, pulled or push. I think the parking brake system is not releasing pressure.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/10/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Do you have the hydraulic braking system on this or is this air brakes? From the sounds of it you have that hydraulic brake system with the electric motor on the master cylinder if I'm not mistaken? If so I am away from my computer right now but when I get back should have some troubleshooting information to help if this is the system you have. Let me know. I am chatting from my cell phone at the moment and Away with family but I can pull up these files when I get back to my office
I un screwed the bolt on the housing, it released the brakes so I could move it. This the electrical motor suppose to stay on all the time?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago

Click on this link for the troubleshooting information.

Service info

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago

Good morning, Please keep me posted on this and let me know if you need more help. Also,

Please remember to take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.