Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

My skid steer engine is missing.It ran out of diesel and in…

My Thomas skid steer engine...
My Thomas skid steer engine is missing.It ran out of diesel and in trying to bleed it by slackening the injector line caps and re-tightening it also tightened the delivery valve holder. IF I torque the valve holder to the requires 45 nm m it starts to excessively black smoke. The diesel pump specialist says I migjt have cracked the delivery valve. Could any othet part be damagec
3/10/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

drop and fill them clean fuel filters, crack the lines open at injectors

crank over engine 10-15 sec intervals, then start it untill

It, it w smoke a lot

I hope this helps you, Wayne,

My goal is to get 5-star rating, I hope I earned that

What nm m do I torque to delivery holders to. My deisel guy told me to torque the holdet to 45 nm m. When I did it, the engine black smoked which indicates too much diesel is being delivered to the cylinder. When I slacken it a bit, it does not black smoke, but is missing on that particular cylinder. Could it be possible the delivery valve is damaged or tbe plunger under it ?
I did exactly what you told me previous to contacting you to get the engine started when it ran out of diesel. It started but it has this problem.

Hi

Thank you for the response,

to be honest with you ,you may have cracked the delivery valve

but more so the punger

I suggest removing and replacing that

yes torque is 43-44 mm

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Wayne, Journeyman