Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I HAVE A F03 CODE ON MY LOADER AND UNSURE WHAT THE PROBLEM…

Customer Question
I HAVE A F03...

I HAVE A F03 CODE ON MY LOADER AND UNSURE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. THE MACHINE WONT IDLE UP AND HAS NO POWER. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

ITS A 856 III TIER 3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

SERIAL(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

THAT IS THE ONLY ISSUE IT HAS AND IT HAS A FRESH SERVICE AND A FUEL LEAK HAS ALSO BEEN REPAIRED

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/9/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

IM GUESSING YOU HAVE NO ANSWER FOR ME THEN?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago
Hi that was just an initial opening response that I grabbed your question and I'm willing to help. This is not my full-time job on here I have a repair business and professionals are not employees of the site on here so I'm not sure how that translates to not having an answer. Anyway if your power is cut back with a fault code most commonly it is because of the machine failing to do a regeneration in the after treatment system. Do you know if the machine has performed a successful regeneration? If not a plug DPF system and filter if ignored will cause the machine to cut back on Power and Derate. I see you also checked your fuel filters which is good. Make sure there are no leaks or restrictions between the fuel tank and the pump and you have no air in the system. They're also should be some more numbers for fault codes which you may need a laptop or scan tool connected to pull the full codes. F03 is indicating there is a fault in the system but it is not giving the full fault codes. Let me know if you need more help and please remember to take a moment to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site and it's a pleasure to help. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.