Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2007 cat c-13 engine seal number BXS28202 Im

Good afternoon i have a...
Good afternoon i have a 2007 cat c-13 engine seal number BXS28202 Im looking for the torque specs for the valve cover base, rockers and jake assemblies, also looking for the tune up procedures for the same engine. And last how many seals are under the base one big black O-ring for the perimeter of the base a small one for the back passenger side and is there another one i might have missed.
thank you
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
I can get you the info you need. Be back in a few minutes.
There is only one seal under the valve cover base.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
I notice this says C15 is it the same for a 13
A BXS is a C15. Not a C13. I assumed you had a C15 because of the BXS28202 serial number. The C13 specs are very different from a C15.
Let me know if you have a C13.
I apologize I looked up the wrong truck the serial # is KCB83923
No problem. I can get you that info. Be back in a few minutes.
Thank you for your reply what about the Seals under the valve base
Valve cover base
There are two seals. One large base seal and one o ring. See link
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert