Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

We have an ISX Cummins. The engine brake cuts off to early.

Customer Question

We have an ISX Cummins. The engine brake cuts off to early . Is there an adjustment that will let it work at lower speeds?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 2018 Pete 450 Cummins 1npcx4tx3jd451614
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. Driver just complained and model is 567
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it . Thank you
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

You will want to check both the clutch switch and the brake switch witch either of those switches will tell the engine brake to cut off. If it has nothing to do with either of those switches cutting the brake off which could be monitored if you had Cummins Insite connected while engaging the engine brake to see if the switch status goes between open and closed causing the brake to disengage. Otherwise you will need to have the settings looked at with Cummins Insite as there may be some parameters that might need some changing or updates in the software. Please remember to take a moment and rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time for helping on the site. Five star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.