Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

On my 500 c.i. international diesel truk, i am getting a…

Customer Question
On my 500 c.i...

On my 500 c.i. international diesel truk, i am getting a "warn engine" message on the small computer screen on the dash panel

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

6 years old,oil and transmission were just recently serviced

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2012 international harvester

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried to reset computer by using accell function on cruise control but problem persists

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Exaust filter is also troublesome

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
there is also a wrench symbol illuminated and recently the filter clean icon has been active several times
3/8/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. Pleas post the complete engine model and the complete fault code numbers you have logged in the ECM memory.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
Hi I was waiting for those fault codes that are logged in your ECM memory as that is what is needed to determine the problem circuits that are causing these warning messages. If you have DPF filter problems and you can't perform a successful regeneration you will need to get these fault codes to know what circuits are causing it not to Regent as there are multiple reasons that can cause that. If there are no other problems revealed by those fault codes and it is only a plugged DPF filter then that means your DPF system needs to be serviced in your filter would need to be cleaned. You cannot reset the computer from inside the truck as special software at the Dealer's is needed to do any resets on the computer. If regeneration is needed and there is a fault restricting that from happening you will eventually be de-rated on Power and limited Road speed until the problem is fixed and there is no way for any driver to reset the system other than have the repairs made and run a successful regeneration. Sometimes the diagnostic software is still needed to reset the ECM even after repairs are made. Please let me know if you need any further help. Also please take a moment to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time for helping on this site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. We can still follow up as needed if needed.
My MATCO computer diagnostic device refuses to give up any numerical or verbal codes
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
Thanks for the update is there any possibility of getting ahold of a scan tool that will communicate with this truck that you will be able to get the codes to know what circuits have problems detected which will tell you we're testing needs to be done? That is where I would start to take out all the guesswork and unnecessarily replaced parts.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson