Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

5-9 disel engine in 1990 dodge is leaking disel in oil pan.

Customer Question
5-9 disel engine in...

5-9 disel engine in 1990 dodge is leaking disel in oil pan

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

1994 cummins turbo diesel serial nu=44638468

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Disel leaking in oil pan serial nu-44638468

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am 66 years old lived on farm all of my life

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

You bet i am the master meckanic hear

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/8/2018
Technician: spankyjr1, Journeyman replied 4 months ago
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman

Hi, my name is ***** ***** for your question. Sorry for delay I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Two things that will cause this are

Injection pump

Fuel transfer pump

Most often it's the fuel transfer pump

Change transfer pump and engine oil then just keep a eye on oil level until you know no more fuel in oil

Please take a moment and rate my service 5 stars so the site will pay me for my efforts
Experts only get paid when you rate/accept our answers
Thank You