Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Further to the 2006 Mercedes Actros 2640 tractor

Don, further to the 2006...
Don, further to the 2006 Mercedes Actros 2640 tractor unit......Can you advise, the cab of the truck is not locked down, does this impact upon the operation of the instrument cluster and does the truck operate ok if the cab is not locked down? I've got a manual for the truck but it's all in German.
3/8/2018
Don
Don, Journeyman

Hi there thanks for requesting me

there should be a sensor that will not allow any operation until the cab is locked down

we had this issue on one of our trucks at another depot

as for the dash cluster i am not sure if it effects it or not

Don

Hi again your cab lift is it electric as well as manual ?

i am trying to find solutions in english

i will try to get an email of the service center

fuse panel arrangement

Actros MP-I Fuse Box with description

F1 Rear Fog lamp
F2 Instrument cluster lighting fuse, ter 58
F3
F4
5
6 Auxiliary headlamps fuse , ter 30
7 D+ relay
8 Mirror heater, D+
9
10
11
12
13
14
15 Fuse
16 PTO ter 15
17 Blower/ auxiliary heater ter. 15
18 Radio/ C tel ter 15
19 Cigar lighter
20 Passenger power window ter 15
21 Driver power window ter 15
22
23 Right headlamp low beam
24 Left headlamp low beam
25 Right headlamp main beam
26 Left headlamp main beam
27 Left side lamp, tail clearance
28 Right side lamp, tail clearance
29 GS/EPS/EAS ter 15
30 MR/ PLD ter 15
31 Mirror adjustment ter 15
32 AWD / Japan Lamps
33
34
35 WS/FSS/ trailer socket ABS/ shutoff ABS/BS/ EPB
36 starter ter 50/ battery heater fuse
37
38 Instruments/ airbag ter 15
39 signal horn, diagnostic socket ter 15
40 Rear axle / AWD
41 Headlamp range adjustment, suspension seat

Relays
K3 ABS/BS/EPB shut off
K4 Starter/ battery heater relay
K5 D+
K6 Stop lamp
K7 Reversing lamp

here is a number where you can get the information

00800 5(###) ###-####

hi there english version

http://www.dmsbattlering.com/mercedes_actros_truck_manuals_download.pdf

don

Hi there

From what i just read is if the truck has had no battery power for awhile you have to reset the ecu

What we did was whip of the neg feed on battery, tap it on the pos and get a nice spark then give it 5 mins and reattach the neg battery feed. Might sound crazy? i thought it was a windup too at first but that "advice" came from a merc mastertech (off the record obviously) and it forces the ECU to do a full reset.

try that see if it helps

don

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just checking, you are saying to hit it on the 24 volt positive terminal, not the 12 volt positive ? Will check tomorrow if the cab lift is electric or manual, hadn't paid much attention previously. Thanks for fuse panel arrangement - good. I'll run some more checks. Get back to you again probably tomorrow.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Don, I clicked on the link you provided for the english version of the manual, took me to a website www.oldiesmusiccity.net that requires me to sign up with the use of a credit card. Does that sound right to you? Did you mean for me to do this? A bit anxious about providing credit card details to view the manual.

Good morning let me check again

Don

try this site

http://www.eighbooks.com/lib.php?q=mercedes-benz-truck-engine-2006-repair-manual

never mind the above

here is a set of discs that will do the job in english

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Mercedes-service-manual-ACTROS-AXOR-ATEGO-UNIMOG-ECONIC-ZETROS-0305-0520-0345-/263422443815?hash=item3d55338127

Don

Don
Don, Journeyman
Don
Don
Don, Journeyman