Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a New Holland T6070 with fuel issue. Hold on and I'll

Customer Question

I have a New Holland T6070 with fuel issue
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Hold on and I'll check
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Model T6070
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Tractor#Z8BD14871
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. What type of fuel issues are you having?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The tractor was running fine (other than not shutting off with key). You had to put in gear, hold brake and let clutch out. One day it ran away (RPM's way beyond tach) and was afraid to kill it with clutch. Reached down and turned the key and it shut down. After that it would start but would only run fast enough to barely keep itself going. It sat for two years and I just drug it to the house and it started right up after charging battery. Now it starts fine and shuts off with key but will only run 1900 rpm with no load. If you out a load on it will only run about 1500.
Thanks for the information. This should be the iveco fpt common rail 6.7 engine in this if I'm not mistaken. What you were going to want to do is have it scanned and get any fault codes that might be logged into the ECM memory. That is where we should start to see if the ECM logged any faults when this occurred. Then you will want to check your fuel supply and return for any leaks or restrictions and install a clear hose or sight glass in line to be able to monitor for air bubbles and then either the section or the return. Check for excessive return fuel as well because there is a fuel pressure regulator at the end of the rail which could be acting up causing these issues. Let me know. We can follow up as needed on here. Also please remember to take the time to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
The problem could be fuel system related with a stuck relief or a restricted return or it could be electrical in the computer or ECM giving issues. Doing these checks will help isolate between the two.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I'll do a little more research on it tomorrow and get back with you.

Sounds good. Pleasure to help.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how does this work? This is my first time using the site.
Basically the site is a forum where you can connect to Professionals in different trades for advice. The professionals are not employees of the site so their time logged in can vary day-to-day as they help out as time allows them. The site shares a portion of the question value to the professionals on positive feedback or accepted answers. Premium services such as an added phone call or other premium service offers are additional over and above the question but not necessary. We can follow up as needed on the same question. Any billing questions or concerns are all handled through the site as the professionals know nothing about any of that other than answering the questions on the site in hopes to provide five star service to make a little extra money as well as offering some help.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have an appointment to get a scan on Monday. I'll let you know what codes show up.

Thanks for the update. Pleasure to help.

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hey Daniel, sorry I haven't gotten back to you. My local dealer (#WORTHLESS) has been slow to get moving on this. What they tell me so far is that from their scan the instrument panel/fancy thing with buttons above the dash can't find the ECM. This tractor doesn't have one as it has a mechanical injector pump. Imediately after they plugged their laptop into it the tach stopped working (always worked and was working the day I dropped it off. They think possibly the instrument module is bad and want to replace it to the tune of $600 plus a few hours labor to recalibrate transmission, etc. Any suggestions?
If they have inspected the wiring harness and confirmed power and grounds to the module but cannot communicate with it then I would say that there is a problem with the module only if they have confirmed it has power in ground and the wiring harness checks good
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok so as of yesterday they have gotten all the codes cleared and everything on the dashboard cluster seems to be doing what it's supposed to do. They believe it's the cold start selonoid in the pump. It runs perfect until engine temp gets to operating temp and then seems to be over fueling. Can that selonoid be replaced or bypassed? They're telling me that you have to replace the pump.

Th SCV can be replaced but not bypassed. click on this link. It is a marine version but will give you more detailed info on operation.

Service info

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok so I looked the manual over that you sent and that's not the same engine. This engine has a mechanical pump (not common rail) and no ECM. I'm sending you a couple pics of the ID plates and pump.
Thanks for the update. On the phone mechanical injection what you want to do is be sure that the fuel shut off solenoid which is the electrical solenoid that opens up the pump for injection has power to it with the key on. If it does have power to it make sure it is put in the fuel on to allow injection. If there was no power to the fuel shut off you will want to test power in and out of your key switch as well as test all your fuses and relays. Check your wiring harness for damage as well. If you do have power to the fuel shut off solenoid but it's not responding or actually putting the pump to the fuel on position then replace the faulty solenoid. If the solenoid is working and functioning properly but when you crack loose the injection lines at the rear of the pump if you crank the engine over and it is not pushing fuel out of the injection lines then it points to a faulty injection pump. You should get a little bit of fuel spray out of the steel injection lines. If fuel delivery is week or little to none then the injection pump needs to be rebuilt or replaced. Let me know the results
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.