Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2009 Freightliner M2 Business class with multiple…

I have a 2009 Freightliner...
I have a 2009 Freightliner M2 Business class with multiple electric problems going on. Tps sensor fault, abs faults, and no brake lights.. I would like to start with the tps sensor fault 2141 first. I do have Cummins Insight and started the trouble shooting steps and made it to 2B, But I don't have the Cummins wireing diagram version to check voltage from pin to pin in all the plugs, which pin is which in the plug ins.. The Trk Ser # is AF9200 with a Cummins ISC. Any help would be great..
3/6/2018
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

What is the complete engine model and serial number?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
46909725
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cummins ISC

Thank you. Please Post all the code numbers you have with SPN and FMI numers so I have a better sense of the big picture

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fault code SPN FMI
1241 2623 4 ACTIVE
IS THE ONLY ONE ACTIVE AT THE MOMENT

Engine Accelerator Pedal or Lever Position Sensor 2 Circuit - Voltage Below Normal or Shorted to Low Source. Low voltage detected at accelerator pedal position number 2 signal circuit. (Flash Code 1241) SPN 2623 4

Click on this link . The problem is going to be between the wiring harness or the TPS.

Service info

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will check it out in the morning and get back to you. Thanks

Pleasure to help

Daniel Wilson
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good morning Daniel.. I checked out what you sent me yesterday and its the same as what I have on cummins insight.. I do have insight on my lap top. What im looking for is the circuit diagram for connector pin identification so I know what pins to check in the plug

What is your e mail?

Sent off to your e mail as well. Added some extra info for you. Manual and diagram.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok.. I'll check it out.

Pleasure to help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi. Ok im wondering under the drivers floor board and above the left fuel tank there is a electronic chassis control module. Part # 06-34530-007. What does that all control?

That is your chassis control module or bulkhead module. All other modules such as the ECM, TCM, and ABS modules communicate with it. Click below.

Chassis module

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok on to the brake lights. I replaced the AMU on the cross member in front of the rear diff and still have no brake lights. So I unplugged the harness at the AMU and followed it forward to the big clam lock connector in the frame rail on the drivers side to check resistance with an ohm meter and the wires check out good no broken or rotted wires. So from that big clam lock forward I didn't check wondering If the chassis control module that I asked about yesterday has anything to do with it or if it's the control module that goes through the drivers side fire wall on th front of the cab that has anything to do with the brake lights not working??
Thanks for the update
.... Try pulling bulkhead module codes from the dash display....press and hold the mode reset button to scroll through the fault codes. The lighting circuits are programmed through the bulkhead module so it can be switch, wiring, light, or software-related but if codes are logged on it can help isolate
Where to start to save time.
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson