Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a hydraulic parking brake with the yellow dash knob.

Customer Question
In a freightliner step van...
I have a hydraulic parking brake with the yellow dash knob. In a freightliner step van. We just put in a transmission in the unit and the parking brake will not set. Unfortunately it was towed in and never check if operable once transmission was replace was inop. Need to get troubleshooter on diagnosing the parking brake system. It has the power brake unit located under the box. The park light is on in dash. But it looks like the Master cylinder level sensor is not plugged in. Need to know where the brake pressure switch is located and possible bleeding procedure is.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/6/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. What is the chassis model?