Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

D6K< s/n FHI 01506(maybe)... Im was very suprised today..

Hi Pearl! My name...

Hi Pearl! My name Viktor!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

D6K< s/n FHI 01506(maybe)...

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im was very suprised today..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

With my cooworker we work today on^ C6.6 valve lash adjustment// Our company has SIS from CAT but procedure on manual - honestly //did not tell properly steps//

3/6/2018
cat_engines_only

What is the problem you are having?

Can you reference the manual number?

That serial number does not work on my USA version of SIS do you have the complete serial number or the engine serial number?

am now at home and do not remember exactly the Serial Number of the bulldozer .. Cat | D6K Track-Type Tractor
The engine is C6.6.
The engine is on the bulldozer.
We need to check the valve clearances.
We put the Piston of the first cylinder in the top dead center. (We have the original CAT latches
But all other parameters - which need to be checked according to the table of the valve adjustment process (it is in the SIS system) - do not converge.
Regards Vik

All you are doing is verifying one rocker arm is all the way down and then adjusting the other rocker arms as listed to complete the adjustment.

You then rotate the engine until the other listed rocker is all the way down and adjust the next set of rocker arms.

So, the chart is stating set arm 11 down and adjust arms 9 and 10 which is the inlet and out of cylinder 5

Rotate the engine until arm 3 is all the way down and adjust arms 5 and 6 for cylinder 3.

You will turn the engine 6 times to complete these settings.

It is not as simple as the old CAT engines as this is actually a Perkins design.

Ok. Thank you .Sir!!

Glad to help. If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks for using JustAnswer,

CATMASTERTECH

P.S. For more accurate position of the rocker - can use the arrow indicator

I do not see any reference in the manual for use of an indicator. Just "feel" for the rocker arm that is moving down to stop moving.

If you go past and feel it come up, back up the rotation past the no movement and then move back to the no movement spot again.

This will help keep the timing gears tight.

cat_engines_only