Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

It appears the fuel is leaking off when my LS 180 sits for…

It appears the fuel...

It appears the fuel is leaking off when my LS 180 sits for 24 hr

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

New Holland LS 180 starts good then runs for few seconds dies down as if no fuel then picks. Up runs fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes this has occurred about 30 hr after changing fuel pump ? Is there a Check valve in the filter housing or else where

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

That covers it new filter no change

3/5/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

What transfer pump does it have? A manual pump is driven off the block? Or electric pump on the fuel filter? The manual pump has a check valve in it, to keep the fuel from draining back to tank when the unit is off. You can repair by replacing the fuel transfer pump or adding a fuel check valve in the line from tank to the transfer pump.

It has a electric it appears to never stop running.

If the engine runs ok and does not act like itis getting air in it when running, the fuel pump should be ok. I would find a fuel check valve and install it before the pump, in the fuel line coming from the tank. You can test to see if this will work, by pinching off the fuel line from the tank on shutoff and open it in the AM.

Will try that thanks

OK>

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician