Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2005 International 7500 having problems with my…

Hello, I have a 2005...
Hello, I have a 2005 International 7500 having problems with my pdl, diff lock, and fan override switches, they all flash, check codes with diamond logic builder and have code 639 14 byte 33 byte 239, I believe I have a data link problem, I don't have any wire diagrams for this system in my computer so kind of in the dark, I also did replace the switch assembly with no fix Thanks
2/23/2018
Alex Olsen

hi im alex can i get the last 8 of your vin please

5J179272

switches diagram

that code is for no communication to the electronic gauge cluster

you do have DLB?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey man sorry had problems with internet then was off for the weekend yes I do have DLB just got it and kinda still learning

ok no problem, so if you go in to diagnostics with the key on and then to the faults tab what codes do you get? just that one?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is the only code
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any suggestions on that code want to keep on this to get customer out the door

do you have the ability to program, body controllers seem to forget things from time to time, should be a program button at the top is that grayed out?

let me see if i can pull the configuration up

this should be your configuration

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can reboot module don't see a reprogram
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have that where your says reprogram mine has a paper icon when I hit that itsays selected configuration has errors which needs fixed to program
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I checked my data link wires at switch pack and no voltage there shouldn't there be 5 volts through the data link also where is that module located at for the pinout u sent me

the body controller is located behind the kick panel drivers side , the solenoid pack is in the frame or cross member, does the air horn work?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will check just getting to work

sounds good

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
air horn works

ok so we can assume that the solenoid pack is at least getting signal, have you have the solenoids off?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No have not messed with them yet

well i think this is a case of the Body controller forgetting its program, because if there was a solenoid issue or switch pack issue you would have codes for it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K well I guess I have to take it to dealer I don't know why my dlb wont let me program

usually when the switches are blinking its an addressing issue and you have no codes for the solenoids so i think that a reflash would be the best at this point

if you click on file and then at the bottom of that there is "work online" if you click that what happens?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't have that option in file
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have to sign in I wonder if I don't thought I paid for the dealer version my file tab looks nothing like yours
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My NED looks like that but not my DLB is there a pinout for the connector at the switch pack I have my power and ground for lights no power at data link and I thought the ther two wires were 12v and ground with I have nothing there either

yes sir here it is

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
U would happen to have pic of pins mine are numbered on the connector having hard time deciding which one is a b c d e

umm let me see

here you go

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Didn't see the connector in that pic the one I have is rectangle has 6 pins on top and 8 pins on the bottom

can you send me a picture?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did that pic work?

yep got it, that plugs right into your switch pack?

so its a 14 wire connector, correct

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but only 6 pins are used out of the 14

ok

i think this is it connector 2000? do the wires match up?

this is the diagram fro that vin based on build date for the switch pack, is the square connector farther down?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No doesn't look like that followed wiring down and it goes into loom don't see any other connectors

and this is the switch pack right above the heater controls?

do you have more than one switch pack?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No this is to the right of heater controls this is the only switch pack there is

is that the only connector for that? its one pig piece with the gauges right?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
one comeectornand that is it with gauges
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
only one connector and it does have gauges in it

ok it is on that diagram i attached, i see it now it is the 1510 connector, so you should have data link at 5 and 6

you should have about 60ohms there, that gauge pack actually communicates on the drive train data link not on the switch data link

here it is, i was confused because the connector diagram shows 17 pins for some reason

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ya picture don't make sense but terminals do with wire color 10 and 11 are my data link pins I ohm them and get 47 ohms pins 5 and 6 are empty

.

do you have power at 7?

red wire?

is that 47 ohms with the key off?

with the key on you should have 5v between the 2 wires, so like 2.6v on one and 2.4 on the other

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
power at 7 with key off and key was off when I checked ohms a 10 and 11
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have 2.5 v on each wire

ok, if you test data link at the diagnostic connector what do you have for ohms with the key off?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
73 but it is jumping around goes up over 100

ok i have found diag for this now that i know it is the aux gauge switch pack here it is

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wiring diagram does not agree with my pins #1 on mine is ground #2 is panel light power #3 thru 6 is not used 7 is 12 volt 8 is key switch 12 v 9 not used and 10-11 is data link

ok, strange, let me look at a few more electrical books see if it is any different, i mean no body has been in there and changed them i assume

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No not that I am aware of

ok

ok so that is the 1512 connector the electrical book is very wrong can you verify your vin please it is 5j179272?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is my vin

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok that 1512 u just sent me is correct the only wire I don't have in that diagram is pin 4 white wire that cavity is empty otherwise all the others match up

ok good deal so do the gauges sweep?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No they dont

and i think you said you tried another gauge/switch unit?

this diagram is supposed to be for 2010 and newer trucks but seem like this is what you have

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we did doing all the voltage tests I have everything I should need for it to work should the ohms be jumping around at the data link wires the jump from 70 to 100ish up and down

no it should be close to 60 all the time

test it with the battery's disconnected

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Unhooked batteries and steady at 59.3. That diagram looks right the only wire I don't have is pin 4 ground otherwise everything else has correct voltage and grounds can't find a wire laying in dash for #4 don't k ow if it needs that or not

ok data link is good, what pin do you have ground on then?

1

battery at 7 and ignition at 8?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1-grd 7-batt 8-ign

ok well thats all the testing we can really do, they should sweep if you have power and ground, and ignition, can you run a ground to pin 4 somehow?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ya should be able to I will try it

yeah regard less of data link or programing, if you have battery, ignition, and ground the gauges should sweep

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tried grd at #4 nothing swept have everything I need for this to work could I have a bad switch pack or should I be looking at programing

you have a bad gauge/switch pack, it should sweep regardless of programing if you have all powers and grounds

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wow hooked up old switch pack now that initial communication code is gone and gauges sweep but have three other codes 2023 fmi 14 and my old switch is flashing when turned on so we definitely know that new switch pac is bad

yes we do, was it brand new?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ya from international

wow ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K I got my new switch pack in gauges sweep everything communicating I have to active codes 2034 fmi 14 byte 6 byte 2 and 2034 fmi 14 byte 5 byte 2 guessing that is solenoid pack codes
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do those solenoid packs just unscrew form the block or do u have to get a whole new assembly

no they come individual, you just have to start on the one end as they overlap each other

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
k I removed solenoid for pdl I bench tested it with 12 volt and solenoid worked fine, do you have a diagram for the 6 pin wire connector that plugs into that solenoid assembly, should it deliver 12 volts to the solenoids, the code says it is commanding solenoid on so it must be seeing that down at the solenoid pack
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I test for voltage at my solenoids I have 8-9 volts at all solenoids

let me get the diag but you should have battery voltage, here is the 4410b connector you should have, do the wires match up?

forgot to attach

here is the 7pack diag

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
went through the diagnostic steps all power and grounds check out good checked resistance of my data link wiring it is at 118 with batt unhooked is that high also have my 2.5 volts at both data link wires bench tested solenoids all ok am I looking at a RASM being bad or is there any other diag to do for this problem
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any suggestions?

nope if all the voltages check out i would replace the solenoid manifold, they go bad pretty often

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K sorry so many questions have u seen when that go bad only 1 or 2 solenoids don't work and the others do cause my horn diff lock and suspension dump all still work and pdl and Pto does not

yes i have seen that, its all individual circuits so you could have multiple, instead of all or none

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K thanks

your welcome

Alex Olsen
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well got my rasm installed everything works great can't thank u enough for the help learned a lot about these systems thanks a bunch
Alex Olsen
Alex Olsen
Alex Olsen