Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2007 Int 9900I, with cummins, cruise control and engine

2007 Int 9900I, with...

2007 Int 9900I, with cummins, cruise control and engine braking inoperpable

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Where would that be engine or cab??

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying , Lol I checked for circuit on the back of the switches, has output

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Umm no

2/17/2018
Alex Olsen

hi im alex happy to assist you, i would check your clutch switch on the pedal

this is the most common issue when cruise and engine brake do not work on this model

There are two wires going to the switch which is like a toggle lever on the clutch pedal, both wires when tested with a test light show no current

it is ground controlled, sends a ground signal to the ecm, should go open and close when you toggle it

I put the cruise switch to the on position, with key on truck not running, no current at all, should I have to select the other switch to which makes the cruise set it's speed/rpm then check at the switch on the pedal?? Also I checked on the rear of both switches with the key and or headlight switches on I show current going into the on/off switch and the resume switch but no current going out when I toggle it

wire 97-GC is the input to the switch and 97AE is the output to the ecm both violet wires, and the dark blue wire is the feed for the light

That is correct what I saw AC and GC wires are both with no current showing on the test light

the clutch switch, brake switch, cruise switch, engine brake, throttle position all feed off of the same splice

those two wires will not show current with a bad clutch switch???
The two wires going into the clutch switch, they feed from the ecm???

do you have ground at the clutch switch? wire 97-GH

97AH goes to the ecm

I will have to check the ground there

ok im trying to get you the wiring diagram, having computer issues

Thanks that would be nice
Thanks

your welcome

If I follow 97AH to the ecm, there should be current on that wire starting at the ecm? Which side of the engine is the ecm located
Key on, cruise switch in on position, should be a live current on wire coming from ecm to switch? Correct

no you should have ground, ecm is on the drivers side of the engine

My bad, 97gc is the live?? Does that come from?? Where

it is all ground controlled, if you look at the first diagram i sent where all the wires come together in the top right corner at that black square, that is a splice

Ok got it now

ok good

Alex Olsen

thank you for the 5 star rating, if you have any other questions on this matter please ask

We checked ground on the wire from the ecm to the trigger switch on clutch pedal, that passed but other side which was the gh wire was dead, so it looks like a faulty switch

awesome, fell free to update this will stay open for a bit

Thanks for the assistance

your welcome