Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

What to do if fuel is being pushed out of the fuel cap. PC…

What to do if...

What to do if fuel is being pushed out of the fuel cap

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

PC 200 LS sn# *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced fuel filters and re primed, but when it starts it only run for about a 30 sec, then shut down, i have repeated this about 8 times, not replacing filter but priming.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it, thank you!!!!

2/16/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

Is this a Komatsu??

so you're saying the fuel is pouring out the fuel cap and it looses prime??

Correct

Thank you for the response

What you are describing is a return fuel line is partly plugged and then opens

and the fuel gush into the tank, as far as losing prime,

it sucking air from filter housing or at the fuel pick up line at the tank

run a separate line in a 5 gallon container to fuel filter

see if it dies

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Let's stay with texting I'm doing other things at the same time

HI

That is not me, it is JA robot, I can not do calls

Yes we will work from here

thank you i will give it a try and get back with you. once again Thanks

You're welcome

Please remember to rate my answer 5-stars

Wayne, Journeyman

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??